Saturday 18 September 2010

Lipstick Addiction: 17 Mirror Shine On Lipstick



One of my recent beauty addictions last term has been lipsticks. Previously it was lip glosses, and the term before that, eye shadows. In any case, I probably don't need to mention the fun of shopping for different brands and colours. Nor do I need to emphasise the importance of colour choice - a classic red lipstick on a bare face lends instant glamour, nude transfers the attention to the eyes, shimmer adds vitality and plum conveys sophistication. Wow, what a hard-working beauty product! No wonder lipsticks are recession-proof.



I was in London for a short weekend break recently and forgot to pack a lipstick in my general haze of outfit plans. So I popped into a small, but convenient Boots store. There weren’t too many brands or choices available, so I opted for the Boots-own brand 17. I have never tried their lipsticks before and the phrase ‘mirror shine’ caught my eye. Plus it was only £4.49.


A nice flurescnt pink with a hint of coral. Plus the packaging's pretty cute!

 There are a total of 10 colours available and online, the description says ‘Get ultra glam, slick colour that creates the illusion of fuller, luscious lips’.

 My lips are naturally pigmented and pale colours does not suit – the palest I own is Mac’s Viva Glam Gaga and even then, I slather on a darker shade lip gloss to make it look natural. Therefore, I chose Peace.

 I was initially skeptical about the quality of the formula as the lipstick was broken in the tester tube, but the one in my possession have yet to snap. On my hands, it is possible to see the colour is sheer and glossy.



Without flash.

With flash.


On my lips, it does indeed have that ‘mirror shine’ effect and quite moisturizing. I enjoy it to a certain extent: it’s a nice combination of lipstick and lip gloss, there’s no sticky or gloopy-ness and I like the colour.


However, it isn’t long lasting and I need constant re-touchups. Plus there is a hint of that lipstick taste which I detest and that for me is a deal-breaker.

So for the girl who is always on the move, like the combination of gloss over lipstick and not too fussy with the scent, it’s perfect.       







1 comment:

TerrieBerrie said...

I've never tried 17 lipsticks but sometimes cheaper brands can give just as good a colour pay off as premium ones..i like Barry M right now..and Models Own lipglosses are my new favorite cheapy glosses.

Tx

www.terrieberriesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...