Monday 7 February 2011

Skin saviours Part I

What I have here is the ultimate winter face moisturiser. It is expensive, but I have yet to discover something that trumps it. For me, it’s a bloody miracle in a pot.





I am talking about the Lancome Primordiale Skin Recharge face cream (SPF 15), which costs £49 or something around that mark. It’s targeted for women showing the first signs of aging. Whilst I am only 20 and shouldn’t really worry about these kinds of things yet, prevention is the best cure. After all, how else can you explain supermodels in their 30s looking not a day over 25? Yes, yes, good genes play a large role, as does diet and exercise but just humour me!
I’ve tried a few moisturisers (both cheap and expensive) with built-in SPF before and always hated the oily residue left on my face after application. This cream is fantastic – just use a small amount and it will be enough for the entire face. I over-applied once and ended up with little balls of cream that couldn’t be absorbed, which goes to show a little goes a long way.

I use a cotton swab to scoop out a small amount of product for hygiene reasons

It sinks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft, plump, radiant and matte. No powder necessary afterwards. It has a light, pleasant fragrance which I enjoy. Therefore this is my go-to cream for winter skin.
As a student, I did wince at the price, but I confess that I waited until there were GWP on before I parted with my cash. I feel that the freebies justified the cost and I really do enjoy using this product. Currently, Lancome is collaborating with the Baftas and giving away a box of great products as GWP, so why not check it out? Also, if you buy from the Lancome counter in Debenhams, there’s an event where you will receive 500 points (equivalent to £5) on beauty purchases over £25. So if you’re interested, I suggest you check it out soon!
Review Summary:
Packaging: 8/10 (a very pretty, sturdy, mirror-like pot)
Formula: 10/10
Cost:   £49
Verdict: My saviour in a world of cold, heat and suffering skin. Will definitely repurchase.
From the title, I’m sure you can guess there are more skin saviours to come! These are mainly for the face, but I’ll be happy to include other types (hair, body, hands.etc) should you desire. Just let me know in the comments!
Also, whilst you’re at it, why not follow my blog?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...